Welcome to the Civilization IV: Colonization Mod “We the People” !
This is a community empowered mod that is based on the Religion and Revolution Mod . Everyone is welcome to contribute:
- As a developer: all our development tasks are placed as “issues” at the Mod/Issues page
- Programmers: There are tasks ranging from casual hobbyist to expert
- Graphics artists: Both 2D and 3D
- XML editors: Game development without programming knowledge. Pioneer using the (almost complete) XML GUI editor
- Writers: Write the text for pedia, hints and similar
- Translators: Maintain a language or add a new one
- As a player:
- please check the ideas and upvote / downvote them (for that , you will need to register to github).
- Also, be welcome to report new issues and your ideas! All things you would want to be fixed and/or new features to be implemented are reported as “issues” on github : you can create a new one here : new issue on the “Mod” project.
As an issue moderator: we need people to help us triage the issues: identify if the issue is a duplicate, and then add them to proper milestones. Also, to identify ideas that have enough approvals for being planned into production. More details…
- As a web-designer : currently the team is composed mostly of developer nerds that aren’t very good with graphic design… This site could certainly use some care … :)
It’s important to remember that mod development is teamwork. Even if a person can do everything, it’s still just one person who can only do one thing at a time. This mean if somebody joins to do an xml editing task, the programmer who would have had to do it is then freed up to spend time doing something like fixing a bug in the DLL. In other words anybody joining in to work on anything will directly or indirectly speed up development of the DLL.